diving below the surface
Oct 23, 2006
The Blog Ahead
First of all, every time you begin a good work, you must pray to him most earnestly to bring it to perfection.
~ The Rule of Saint Benedict, Prologue

And so I begin, with a prayer from my Trappist confrere Thomas Merton:
My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think that I am following
your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

Amen.
And that's the truth of this site. It's been a long time in coming and, while I've been brainstorming about it off and on for the last several months .... the truth of the matter is, I have no idea myself where it will go. But you're more than welcome to join me on the journey.
Written by Benedictine Sister at 9:36 PM
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Cool site! Welcome to the world!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Personally, I'd like to see not only the relfections, but also the Faith Journeys of other teens.
I've been in a Catholic school since I was five and I know all the "facts". My only problem: taking each dogma and religous truth as fact without questioning it. I'd like to see support from your faith basis on the major issues the RCC faces, or support for major issues in general. (i.e., Mary remained a virgin throughout her life. Couldn't she have other children?)
But about the site in general- nice layout. I know I shouldn't be, but I am suprised by the amount of html you know. The polls were a good idea; easy way to get involvment.

Blogger Benedictine Sister said...
Thanks for the ideas, Kreges. And with the HTML .... what I don't know (like the Advent calendar on the side) I'm learning as I go!

Ideally, it won't just be reflections, but I figure for the special liturgical season of Advent it'd be a nice "extra". But somehow I'm not thinkin' I'll keep them up on a regular daily basis after this! :-)

The other thing with the Advent reflections is that they're a jumping-off point. Like I said on that scanned-in flyer ... I'm really wanting ideas from you all for where this ultimately goes. I've already got various thoughts of pulling in other teens -- right now I'm just trying to get this up and running. But that's a good thought for down the road -- actually looking at the teachings rather than simply memorizing them.


Discover God in the everyday. With us.
SISTERS OF SAINT BENEDICT of FERDINAND, INDIANA