diving below the surface
Feb 6, 2007
A Teacher's Prayer For Snow
One night as I lay almost sleeping, I heard a voice, softly peeping. I saw my wife devoutly praying. This is the prayer I heard her saying:

Oh, Lord, Let it snow.
Let it drift and let it blow.
In the morning, no real fuss,
Just enough to stop the bus.

Enough to make the County say:
"There will be no school today."
Let the radio report: "Snow is deep!"
And I'll roll over for more sleep.

Then later on, say maybe ten,
I'll turn the radio on again.
Just in time to hear them say:
"It's strange: the snow has gone away!"

And then I'll know you made it stop,
So I can go to the mall and shop.
Please Lord, just hear my plea,
And make it snow for the kids and me!

Amen
Written by Benedictine Sister at 8:49 PM
1 Comments:
Blogger Kreges Doe said...
That's so cute!


Discover God in the everyday. With us.
SISTERS OF SAINT BENEDICT of FERDINAND, INDIANA